One of the primary objects that you require in a manufacturing or construction project is line pipes. You need pipelines for transporting fluids from one place to another. Also, you need to use the pipes in high temperature and pressure conditions. So investing in quality pipes is essential for your manufacturing and construction project. Even though you can choose welded pipes for some of your needs, we recommend using seamless tubes and pipes.
Seamless tubes can withstand more pressure in comparison with welded ones. Also, the manufacturers build the pipes using superior materials, making them long-lasting. Let us take a quick look at some of the applications of line pipes in the manufacturing and construction industries.
Transportation of raw materials:
If you work in the manufacturing industry, you will know the importance of transporting raw materials from one place to another. In addition, you would know how cautious you must be while transporting hazardous elements. Hence, you need a reliable, hygienic, and leakproof pipeline.
Suppose you are working in the food and beverages industry. You need to transfer milk, juices, water, or other fluids. You need the line pipe suppliers to offer you pipes and tubes that effectively transfer fluids and are safe and hygienic to use. You cannot take the risk of contamination in the ingredients.
Using seamless pipes allows you to transfer edible fluids without contamination. The fluids do not come in contact with the air because the pipes are seamless. In addition, there is no welded edge in the pipes through which either air can enter, or the fluids can exit. As a result, these pipes are ideal for transporting raw materials.
Connecting different systems in the construction industry:
When we say that you need pipes in the construction industry, you probably think of hundreds of uses for pipes. The construction sector is such an industry where you need seamless tubes and pipes for various needs. For example, apart from transporting water from one place to another, you need pipes for the sewage system.
You also need dependable pipelines for the transportation of gas. Can you imagine the hazard it may cause if the gas starts to leak through the supply line? Hence, the line pipes you use for gas transportation must be leakproof and corrosion-resistant. Only seamless pipes can assure you of using a leakproof gas supply pipeline.
The absence of seams ensures that there is practically no leakage. One of the main reasons why you should avoid using welded pipes and invest in seamless pipes for gas transportation is that these pipes and tubes are leakproof. Welded pipes often develop cracks through their fused edges with prolonged uses. Therefore, you need to always keep an eye on whether there is any crack through which gas can escape if you use welded pipes.
On the other hand, stainless steel seamless pipes will never develop cracks because the pipes are seamless, as their name suggests. So you can use them for years without worrying about leakage.
Here we have jotted down some of the uses of seamless pipes in the construction and manufacturing processes:
- For their shine and luster, many pipe fabricators produce pipes using stainless steel or cobalt chrome. They produce these pipes for multiple uses, such as balcony handrails, arcade frames, cylinders, shutter doors, rainwater pipes, street light poles, etc. They also recommend using these pipes in kitchen sinks, bathroom fittings, countertops, and other residential purposes. Pipe fabricators use steel grades 304 and 316 to produce pipes you can use for their looks.
- Many people invest in seamless tubes and pipes to provide extra support to their roofs. These pipes are generally used in giant constructions, such as railway stations, state buildings, etc.
- Since stainless steel pipes and tubes are corrosion-resistant, many manufacturers choose seamless pipes for reinforcing concrete structures. These pipes also provide additional support other than corrosion resistance.
- Apart from all of the above, stainless and carbon steel pipes have become inevitable in the construction of bridges, canopies, tunnels, corridors, etc.
- You can also notice that trains, trams, electrical transmission lines, etc., use steel pipes and tubes.
- One of the significant applications of steel pipes is in the construction of transportation lines for the oil and gas industry. The oil and gas industry deals with corrosive elements like crude oil, petroleum byproducts, etc. Hence, this industry requires piping solutions that can function even when you expose them to such corrosive elements.
- Stainless steel seamless pipes support heavy constructions very well because these pipes are strong. They are also more durable than any other piping solution.
Now that you know the uses of seamless pipes and tubes, let us quickly check the types of pipes you can use in the construction industry.
Manufacturers produce different types of pipes using different materials. Sometimes you need specific materials for particular projects.
Stainless steel pipes: As you can understand, manufacturers use stainless steel to produce pipes. These pipes are used in power plants, marine environments, nuclear facilities, large construction projects, etc. However, you can use these pipes in other fields as well because they are dynamic.
Galvanized steel pipes: When you want to increase the life of steel pipes, you can use galvanized steel instead. Galvanization is the process of covering steel pipes using zinc coating. Zinc does not react with water. Hence, these pipes do not develop rust even when you use them in humid weather for prolonged periods.
If you need a piping solution for shipbuilding or a project near a marine environment, consider spending on galvanized steel pipes. Then, you need not worry about the pipes rusting or eroding due to the constant exposure to water and salt.
You can also use galvanized pipes in rain gutters or other minor applications. Galvanized steel seamless tubes and pipes are less expensive than stainless steel pipes. However, they offer similar benefits like being anti-corrosive, resilient to pressure, etc.
Carbon steel pipes: The most common type of pipe that you will notice in the construction and manufacturing businesses is carbon steel pipe. Carbon steel has a higher percentage of carbon. It makes the metal alloy tougher, stronger, and more durable. You can use carbon pipes in almost every aspect of construction and manufacturing. Carbon steel pipes are environment-friendly, safe to use, and cost-effective.
Aluminum pipes: Aluminum pipes are becoming the most preferred choice for many manufacturers. Aluminum pipes are also anti-corrosive. Since aluminum does not react with oxygen, the pipes do not rust. According to the line pipe suppliers, aluminum is more lightweight than stainless and carbon steel. Besides, it is more flexible, durable, and highly conductive. If you need a piping solution that provides safety from ultraviolet rays, you should choose aluminum pipes.
The natural oxide coating not only protects the metal pipes from corrosion but also does not let dust and dirt build-up. As a result, the pipes look new even after years of installation.
The construction and manufacturing industries utilize different types of pipes for their several projects. For example, you may need pipes to provide support to a huge building, or you may need pipes for bridges. Seamless pipes serve all your needs.
Seamless pipe manufacturers use different types of materials to produce seamless pipes. For example, you can purchase stainless, galvanized, or carbon steel pipes. You can also use aluminum seamless tubes and pipes if you want recyclable, environment-friendly, cost-effective, and durable products.