What is Facebook? It is a social media network that connects people through an online platform. Facebook users can contribute ideas and join conversations with people by sharing content like videos, images, posts, links, news, and other media files. Did you try to download a video from Facebook? It is an impossible thing. Facebook never allows its users to download any media file from it. Only you can save videos for later watching from the Facebook app.
If there is no official way to download videos from Facebook, how can you download Facebook videos to a laptop from Chrome? For that, we can use unofficial methods. They are,
- Use of mbasic.facebook.com
- Use of m.facebook.com
- Use of third-party Facebook downloader
Using the above-mentioned methods you can download unlimited Facebook videos to any device, such as mobile phones, computers, and tablets. If so, now let’s see more details about the Facebook downloading methods. Here we go;
How to save videos from Facebook?
At the beginning of the article, I mentioned there is no official way to download media files from the Facebook platform. However, you can save your favorite Facebook videos for offline viewing. But it saves videos in one place on the Facebook app. It never saves videos to your local storage. Now let’s see how to save videos.
- Firstly, find the Facebook video you want to save for watching later.
- Tap the three horizontal dots, in the top right corner of the Facebook video.
- Then click the icon “ save video”
After saving, how can you find the saved videos?
If you use a computer, click “watch” – the icon that looks like a computer monitor with a play button in the middle – in the top menu. Then, choose the saved videos.
If you use a mobile phone, click the three horizontal lines ( known as a “hamburger menu”) and click the save icon to watch the saved videos.
How to use mbasic.facebook.com to download Facebook videos?
To download your favorite Facebook video on your laptop, right-click on it and select show video URL. Then paste the FB video link into a new tab and apply the “mbasic” to “www”. Finally, right-click it. Then, choose video saves as. Here is the step guide. You can get it now.
- Log into Facebook using Chrome on your laptop.
- Open the video you like to download. ( it needs to start playing the Facebook video)
- Then, right-click on the video. This will cause a pop-up menu to appear with Play, Mute, and Show Video URLs.
- After, tap the Show Video URL icon.
- Copy the URL of the Facebook video.
- Next, open another tab on your browser and paste the URL into the address bar. (Do not click the Enter button on your keyboard at this point)
- Replace the “www” part of the URL of the video with “mbasic”.
- Then, click the Enter icon.
- Click the FB video that you need to download.
- Right-click the video and select save the video.
- Click the save option after selecting the name and the destination of the video.
How to use m.facebook.com to download Facebook videos?
Here we provide another way to download videos from Facebook easily and quickly.
- First, open your Facebook account and choose the video you want to download.
- Apply “m” to the “www” part of the URL of the Facebook video.
- You need to right-click on the video and select the option save video as.
How to use third-party Facebook downloaders to download videos from Facebook?
We provided two methods to download Facebook videos without using a tool. Now, I provide a process to download your favorite Facebook videos using a tool. For that, you can use a third-party Facebook downloader such as FDOWN, FDownloader, Getfvid, Snapsave, etc. They help to download unlimited Facebook videos easily. Likewise, they are available for free and online. Hene, you don’t need to download or install any app. But, due to some significant features, I recommended using FDownloader which is the most reliable and safest Facebook downloader in the online market.
The FDownloader continuously updates to provide the best service to its users. Hence, you can download unlimited Facebook videos of high quality. Likewise, it is the most stable and fastest Facebook downloader. The software supports any smartphone ( Android, iPhone, iPod), tablet, or computer (Windows, Linux, Mac). Also, You can open the FB video downloader using any web browser. They are Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Dolphin, Opera, etc. Also, the software comes with a user-friendly and manageable interface. Therefore, you can use it without any difficulties. If so, now let’s see how to download videos using it.
Step guide to downloading Facebook videos using the Facebook downloader
- First, visit Facebook from your laptop using the Chrome browser.
- Now search for the Facebook video you wish to download from its platform.
- After choosing the video, expand the options from the top right corner, and copy the Facebook video link.
- Now, go to the online FB video downloader Chrome and paste the copied URL into the input box.
- Click on the “Download” icon.
- Then you can see the privy of the Facebook video.
- You will see “Download SD video” and “ Other formats” and the download option again.
- Your file will download automatically within a few seconds.
- Finally, continue the downloading.
How to download Facebook videos from a mobile device?
- Open the Facebook app from an Android mobile to download Facebook videos.
- Choose the video you want to download; pick the option “ share” from the right-bottom
- Slide right through transmit to options and find “Copy Link.”
- Go to the Facebook downloader and paste the URL in the input box.
- Click the “Download” icon and you have the ability to see the preview of the selected video.
- Then select either “ SD video” or “ Other formats” and continue the download.
- Finally, you can find the downloaded video within a few seconds.
Here we provided three methods to download Facebook videos easily and quickly. Using these methods, you can download unlimited favorite videos without any limitations. If you think these Facebook tricks are more beneficial, don’t forget to share your experience with others.